When Aaron Tatum went into residential home building, he did it with both eyes open, and armed with multiple talents. Born in Oklahoma City, he was raised and attended high school in Moore. Having a mom sell real estate provided early exposure to the residential market. In high school, Tatum became interested in two fields that still serve him well – drafting and woodwork. He graduated in the top of his class from Central State University. This curious blend of math and art talent is evident in each masterpiece he builds. Today, he thinks of each home as a work of art.
Tatum Custom Homes recently celebrated 27 years of service to the people of Oklahoma. We are an experienced builder of fine custom homes in OKC and surrounding areas, from $200k to 1 million plus. We would love to consult with you on your first (or next) homebuilding project!
- 2018 Best of Houzz Client Satisfaction
- 2017 Best of Houzz Client Satisfaction
- 2015 Top 5 Builders in South OKC by The Oklahoman Readers Choice Award
- 2014 The Oklahoman Readers Choice winner of Best Home Builder in South OKC
- 2011-2014 Showcase of homes, Outstanding Service award
- 2007 Southwest Home Builders Association Chairman
- 2006 Southwest Home Builders Association Project Home Builder
- 1996 2nd Vice President of Southwest Home Builders, Inc.
- 1995 President of Southwest Home Builders, Inc.
Building a home is a complex task requiring specialized skills: framing, cabinetry, finishing, electrical, plumbing, roofing, etc. Our team of hand-picked craftsmen can provide those skills in a coordinated manner to build a home that meets your needs. Our subcontractors are selected for their quality and reliability – not because they’re the low bidder. Saving a few dollars on labor is no bargain if it results in unacceptable work. From the finest framers to the pickiest plumbers, our team of professional subcontractors will get it done right.
– Meet the Team –